I am wild for sandwiches. WILD! ;)
It never crossed my mind to turn one of my favorite sandwiches into a pizza until I saw Reuben Quesadillas over at Closet Cooking. My mind has a tendency to go a mile a minute, so within no time a Reuben Quesadilla turned into a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza... I can’t explain the madness; I can only live with it. :)
These were so delicious, I can’t wait to try a different sandwich next time!
Philly Cheesesteak Mini Pizzas
2 English muffins
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ cup shredded cheese, I used a mozzarella & provolone mix
¼ lb. deli roast beef, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced into strips
¼ white onion, sliced into strips
1. Heat oven to broil. Split English muffins in half and place open-faced into oven to broil until golden brown. Let cool
2. Warm skillet up over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and add green bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add onions and roast beef. Continue cooking until meat is starting to turn golden brown. Remove from heat
3. Heat oven to 375
4. Spread ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise on each toasted English muffin half. Top each muffin with meat mixture and cheese
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble
6. Let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!