I know it’s the season for pumpkin pie, pecan pie and even apple pie – but I could not resist cooking this pie which is loaded with salsa, cheese, chicken and black beans! So gooey and so tasty, especially with a dollop of sour cream on top, yum.
Who says you can’t have pie for dinner?
Chicken Tortilla Pie
2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
¼ cup water
1 cup Pico de Gallo – I always, always, always use Emeril’s Pico de Gallo recipe. Always.
1.5 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
1 can Refried Black Beans – I bought a can of black beans and then refried them myself using this recipe, Light Refried Black Beans
4 8” tortillas
9” springform pan
1. Mix together chicken, taco seasoning and water. Set aside
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
3. Grease 9” springform pan
4. Combine seasoned chicken and Pico de Gallo
5. In springform pan layer ingredients in the following order; tortilla, refried beans, chicken & salsa mix, cheese
6. Repeat step five 3x
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from springform pan
9. Let cool for several minutes, slice and serve!
Easy as pie! ;)