I was anxious to use the fresh rosemary and lemon that I had received from my mother-in-law, so I set out for a recipe that would require the rosemary, lemon and some chicken breasts I had from OV Meat Shoppe. I found this recipe on the Food Network, and worked off it. I am not a huge fan of rosemary, but I think it suited this dish nicely.
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (I used Weber Canadian Chicken)
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Mix garlic, rosemary leaves, 3 tbsp olive oil, lemon zest and grill seasoning and set aside
2. Heat remaining olive oil in pan and brown chicken breasts both sides, approximately 5-7 minutes each breast and place in 9x13 baking pan
3. Spoon garlic mixture over each breast evenly, bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes
4. Mix lemon juice and broth together, pour into baking dish
5. Turn off oven and return chicken for 10 minutes
6. Serve chicken with sauce, enjoy!
We all really enjoyed this chicken. If you let the chicken sit for about 15 minutes after removing from the oven, the sauce will be a nice consistency. I give it two thumbs up, I will definitely try this recipe again, maybe with a different herb next time. Super Yum.