Although the classic McDonald's breakfast sandwich was my inspiration, my version is
healthy healthier if only for the fact that fresh ingredients were used. The Garlic Compound Butter was given to me by my mother-in-law, when I make it myself I will post the recipe. For the sausage I used Maple Sausage that was in my most recent meat pack from OV Meat Shoppe, when it was cooking I could smell the maple - so freakin' delicious!!
• 6 English Muffins
• 1 pound ground sausage (Iused Maple Sausage)
• 6 bacon strips
• 6 eggs
• Garlic Compound Butter
1. Shape sausage into 6 patties
2. On med-high heat cook bacon and sausage how you like it. I made my bacon a little crispy and my sausage was browned on both sides. When done, set aside
3. Beat eggs. Make omelettes small enough so that when they are cut in half they will satisfy two sandwiches
4. Toast English Muffins in oven under broil, I used a pizza pan to fit all the halves in at once
5. After muffins are toasted, spread garlic butter on all halves
6. To make sandwiches stack ingredients in this order: sausage, egg, cheese, bacon... or however you want
7. Return to oven just long enough for cheese to melt
8. Enjoy :)
In My Opinion: I can't believe I never made these before. I would be perfectly fine with never getting another Sausage McMuffin with Egg ever again. SO GOOD!! The garlic butter adds an awesome kick. We will definitely have these again, probably with different ingredients to experiment with. I have some Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins that I really want to find something fun to do with, wish me luck!!