Today's post and giveaway are sponsored by Arla Dofino, whose naturally-made cheese helped to make these delectable Smoked Salmon Breakfast Enchiladas possible! #HavartiHolidays
We recently had some friends visit from out-of-town, for the Thanksgiving holiday, and were lucky enough to have them shacked up at our place. Although their schedules were full of holiday hustle and bustle with family, we were still able to enjoy a homemade breakfast together. I had bought a couple packages of Arla Dofino Dill Havarti to be accompanied by smoked salmon as part of a meat and cheese plate, but since breakfast was all we had time for - I decided to improvise. I'd been dying to make a batch of breakfast enchiladas and jumped on this opportunity to fulfill my desires.
Even though these Smoked Salmon Breakfast Enchiladas are not the run-of-the-mill breakfast enchiladas, they are sure to please. Our guests were delightfully impressed by the use of smoked salmon in a breakfast dish, especially after being fed turkey and ham at various family members house over the weekend. Although it wasn't the night of cocktails and finger foods that we originally had planned, it was still an amazing time spent together. It's certainly true that the holidays are all about spending time together!! Over breakfast, we were able to catch up with each other and re-charge our holiday energy over a refreshingly different meal.
I must give a major shout-out to Arla Dofino's Havarti cheeses. Their cheeses are free of added hormones and preservatives, and crafted with quality, natural ingredients in an environmentally friendly way. Arla Dofino is hands-down one of my favorite cheese brands! They also produce Gouda, Fontina, Muenster and Edam cheeses but their Havarti varieties have my heart. In addition to the Dill variety, Arla Dofino also makes Creamy Havarti, Havarti with Caraway, Havarti with Jalapeno and Hickory Smoked Havarti. I am in love with these savory selections!
The Dill Havarti was the perfect cheese to use for the Smoked Salmon Breakfast Enchiladas, in fact our guests requested the name of the brand so they could buy some when they got back home. If you would like to try Arla Dofino cheeses for yourself, you can cop a $1 off coupon on their site. Arla Dofino cheeses can be found in the deli section (not the dairy section) of most grocery stores. There is a super easy store locater found on the Arla website.
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Enchiladas
yields 6 enchiladas
3 small potatoes, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup white onion, minced
5 large eggs, scrambled
8oz. smoked salmon, sliced
8oz. Arla Dofino Dill Havarti, shredded
6 fajita flour tortillas
salt and pepper to season
1. In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter to medium-high heat. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Stir potatoes so seasonings are evenly distributed. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let cook for 5-6 minutes, or until starting to brown. Stir potatoes again, cover and let cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in onions, let cook uncovered until onions start to soften - about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool.
2. Heat oven to 375.
3. Divide fried potatoes, eggs, salmon (use as much or little as you like, this really depends on taste preference) and 1 cup of the cheese over the 6 tortillas. Roll tortillas up, 1 at a time, and place next to each other in casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cup of the Arla Dofino Havarti Dill over the top of the rolled enchiladas. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove foil and broil until edges of tortillas are browned.
Arla Dofino is offering one (1) Hungry Harps reader a prize pack valued over $60! The prize pack includes:
- Crate & Barrel mixing bowl
- Anthropologie whisk
- Crate & Barrel cheese grater
- A coupon for one free Arla Dofino product
- Set of Arla Dofino recipe cards
1. Visit the Happy Havarti Holidays Breakfast Prize Pack Giveaway Pinterest Landing Page and follow the brand
2. Go to the Happy Havarti Holidays board and select their favorite breakfast recipe
3. Copy the recipe link and paste it in the comments section telling me why you picked it.
Giveaway ends December 15, 2014 at 8am PST. US residents only. Must be 18 years old to enter.