These muffins rock. It's not MY recipe, but one I found on Taste of Home's website and completely worth sharing.
I was browsing around the world wide web for muffins that used vegetables as ingredients. It was pretty much a plotted scheme against my kids - they love muffins but hate to eat vegetables. Turns out my plan work and my kids were gobbling these veggie-packed muffins up like they were cupcakes.
No one really lost here though - I got my kids to eat veggies and they enjoyed eating them, even in the morning. Veggies in the morning? I never thought that possible in a hundred years.
Sidenote: If you don't like carrots or zucchini, try these with caution. The veggie flavor is present but accompanied by the flavors of apples, coconut, cinnamon and almonds.
Carrot & Zucchini Muffins - PRINTABLE RECIPE
adapted from Taste of Home
2 cups shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped peeled apple
3/4 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Combine together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and
4. Slightly beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix into dry ingredients just
until moistened (batter will be thick).
5. Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.