We love having iced coffee drinks in the summer-time, there is nothing better than waking up before the heat sets in and enjoying a cool beverage. My husband's favorite drink from our local coffee shop is a blended drink with mocha, mint and delicious chocolate chunks. It is so good - the flavors work together wonderfully! I started thinking of a dessert I could make using mocha & mint together and came up with this cheesecake - the flavors were for my husband, the cheesecake part was for me. ;)This is certainly a new summer favorite around our house!
It starts with mint sandwich cookies being crushed and made into a crust.
Then a cream cheese mixture, using International Delight's Iced Mocha instead of heavy cream, is made with love. (See the little heart the Iced Mocha made in the cream cheese as it was being mixed in? ♥)
And last topped with a mint-chocolate ganache, made using International Delight's Iced Mocha, and sprinkled with creme de menthe baking chips. *Drool
This is a light and fluffy cheesecake, not thick and creamy like the ones that I usually make. However, it was not lacking in cheesecake flavor - nor did it lack any fans when served for dessert. :) I had such a fun time coming up with this recipe, just about as much fun as I did enjoying it!
ID Iced Mocha & Mint Cheesecake (printable version)
20-22 mint sandwich cookies, crushed
4 tablespoons butter
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 cup International Delight Iced Coffee - mocha flavor
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flour
12 oz creme de menthe baking chips, 2 oz reserved
3 tablespoons International Delight Iced Coffee - mocha flavor
1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat oven to 325
2. Combine crushed cookies and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased, 9” springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is set.
3. With an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and continue mixing until fully combined. Add eggs one at a time until just combined. Lower speed to mixer to low and add International Delight Iced Coffee, vanilla and flour.
4. Pour mixture into crust, place back in oven and bake for an hour or until the edges are set and the middle only jiggles a little when moved.
5. Let cool completely.
6. Over low heat, combine baking chips, International Delight Iced Coffee and butter - constantly stir until mixture is smooth. Pour over the top of cheesecake, sprinkle remaining baking chips on top.
7. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to completely set.
International Delight has three different Iced Coffee flavors; Vanilla, Mocha & Original - just think of all the fun cheesecake combinations that are out there!! For more information check them out online...
Website : http://internationaldelight.com/
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/InternationalDelight
Also, through July 4th, International Delight will be giving away 1,000 free cartons of their Iced Coffee everyday! Very cool, and if you win, I just ask that you have me over for a cup of coffee. ;) Check out their Sweepstakes Page on Facebook for more details. Good luck!
Collective Bias™ and International Delight #IcedDelight #CBias #SocialFabric