We started using a cookie jar in our house. Not a big deal, but I do have to say, it is fun catching people with their hand in it! haha
Of course I had to do some customizations to said cookie jar, because that is just what we do in our house. I used to make jokes to my husband that he was like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor from the 90's sitcom Home Improvement - you know, always "improving" things around the house that didn't necessarily need improving.
Well, I caught the bug. I love to "improve" things as well. Plus, we haven't started any fires yet - so we are all good... thus far.
|My one of a kind Think Geek cookie jar!!|
But anyway, let's get to these cookies. They don't need any improving, Mr. Hungry Harp already took care of that by adding more chocolate chips than I told him to. His response was that there was no way that more chocolate could ruin these cookies, my response was that I am going to have to keep a better eye on him when he is in the kitchen. ;) Enjoy!!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Hazelnuts
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's Natural Unsweetened)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
14 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided into 6 & 8 ounces
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
1. Heat the oven to 325
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
3. Put butter and 6 ounces of chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Cook on high heat for 20 seconds, mix, repeat until smooth. Stir in vanilla
4. With a mixer, beat eggs and sugar together light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add chocolate mixture and mix until well combined
6. Add flour mixture until just combined. Fold in remaining chocolate chips and hazelnuts
5. Drop tablespoon-fulls onto an ungreased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart
6. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cookies are set
7. Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from Crispy Waffle