We are less than a month away from Halloween and I can’t wait! Costumes are picked out, shopping has begun, must-try Halloween recipes have been picked out – which I must share…
I admitted on my last post that I have become a Pinterest addict, let me show you why;
|Broomstick Treats from Mega•Spooky|
|Halloween Oreo Cupcakes from Gingerbread Bagels|
|Candy Corn Pudding from sweets4ever @ Craftster|
|Hand in the Punch Bowl from Simply Stated|
Beautiful ideas! I could keep going but I suspect you don't have all day, so I will keep it short. :)
All in all, I am excited for Halloween. It is the beginning of a season full of holidays, anniversaries and birthdays. It is the first holiday my husband and I ever celebrated together as a couple; Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. It is a time to be something you are not, yet something that is not outside of your realm to pretend to be. I hope everyone has fun this month - if you are in need of any ideas, check out my Pinterest Halloween folder.
Oh, and a Meatball Monday recipe...
I am not lying when I tell you that these were the most tender meatballs I have ever made. The oils from the artichoke hearts and pesto make these turkey meatballs moist and flavorful. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs
1 whole red bell pepper, roasted
½ cup artichoke hearts, drained
1.5 tablespoon pesto
5 slices pepperoni
1.25 lb lean turkey, ground
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease baking sheet
2. Place first 4 ingredients in food processor until well diced. Here is what mine looked like:
3. Combine turkey and red bell pepper mix
4. Form 1 tablespoon balls and place on baking sheet
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown
6. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!