For Easter my family has a huge egg hunt, over 500 eggs, at a local park. It is also a potluck and I opted to bring beans this year. I found the recipe for Bebop Baked Beans just in time to make the night before.
• 3 bacon strips
• 1/2 cup seeded & chopped jalapeno pepper
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
• 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1. Cook bacon until crisp; cool and dice
2. Sauté Jalapeno in bacon drippings until tender
3. Drain one can of beans. In a large bowl, combine both cans of beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and jalapeno
4. Transfer to a greased baking dish
5. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly
6. Mix in bacon
7. Enjoy :)
In My Opinion: These beans rocked. I loved the taste and texture of the bacon and the jalapenos added some nice heat. I plan on making these again, it was cheap and tasty. LOVE IT.
Unfortunately I forgot them at home on Easter and ended up getting a pre-made bean salad from Bel-Air on the way. It was good as well, but not as good as these. :( Boo on me, Foodie Fail #2. I can guarantee you that I have more than 2 Foodie Fails, but I have only documented two on this site. :)